When your Freezer Breaks Down Who You Gonna Call? AO.COM!!

Well this happened to us this weekend and on Sunday which of course is when everything wants go go wrong never on a week day when it is easier to get sorted out lol.

The first thing we did was to have a quick look on ebay to find the best priced and quickest delivery for a freezer we could get,luckily with the one that broke down it can keep stuff fine for 24 hours.

I found a lovely little chest freezer that I thought would suit us for now and the delivery said Tuesday which was cutting it fine but the best I could find at short notice.It was being sold by AO.com I have never brought from them before.

Ok so let me start off by saying within 30mins of buying and paying for the freezer it said it was dispatched and gave a tracking number for Expert logistics who deliver all Their big items,but the tracking showed Thursday so now I was panicking again our old freezer was full and I really do not want to waste all that food,I sent them a message and explained the situation and I brought the freezer because it would be coming on Tuesday,again I had a very fast reply explaining that they are only in our area 2 days a week which I can understand as we are remote,the days are Monday and Thursday but the Guy very kindly changed the day to make it come on Monday and bearing in mind the delivery was free and now next day I really could not ask for more.

Monday came and about 2pm or so the lorry pulled up with 2 men who kindly carried the freezer in and Hubz did not even have to do anything.

The freezer we got is

Fridgemaster MCF205 Freestanding Chest Freezer 205liters costing £189.

The MCF205 is a robust and reliable chest freezer with 205 litres of space arranged in a single large compartment. it’s a+ energy rating means it uses only 226kWh of energy per year, making it surprisingly economical for its size - it'll only cost you about £34 a year to run. The Power Failure Safe Storage in this unit can keep food frozen for 24 hours without power; over twice as long as other Fridgemaster models.


 Dimensions (H)82.5 x (W)94.6 x (D)57.6

I have to say so far so good it is a very quiet freezer



 You can not really tell on this Picture but the freezer is a good depth.

To be honest if we need anymore appliances we will for sure be going to AO.com Their customer service is brilliant and we are very impressed and happy to spend our money with them.


Website
Facebook
Twitter

31 comments:

  1. Glad they were there to help you when you needed it. Your new freezer sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the space for a separate freezer, as an apartment dweller I have the fridge/freezer combo but would love something bigger! And it's true why on earth do appliances have to break down at the most inconvenient times???

    Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to buy in bulk to save money, so having a second freezer would be a great benefit to us. This sounds like a great option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it would be nice to have a second freezer. That way I could buy more stuff in bulk. I will have to look into getting one. Catherine S

      Delete
  4. We have a second freezer, and it's great. We put all of our extra garden vegetables in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great company and that is a nice freezer. My AC or appliances always seem to go out on the weekend too. Catherine S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking for a freezer to keep in my garage.I love the size of this one! It would fit perfectly without taking up too much space.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like great customer service! I will have to check out the website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buying a second freezer seems like a great idea to stock up on edibles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a fridge that is a tall upright old fashion type of fridge that sits in our apartment. I would love to have a freezer that's bigger then the size of a brink. I like your freezer if I had a freezer other then a apartment freezer I would know who to call.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't have a freezer besides the one in my refrigerator. I was thinking about investing in one though to stock up on meat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. my best friend has a massive freezer like this for all her warehouse groceries. I could use it for my breastmilk since I'm pumping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having a freezer is so handy! Glad you were able to get yours sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always appreciate a helpful company with good customer service. It really makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could use a freezer. I think that would easily come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Customer service is certainly dwindling in the appliance arena in the US at least. To have this quick turnaround and service, I too would go to this company if I needed more appliances!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We just bought a free standing chest freezer and I love it. I wish I had bought one many years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll be in the market for a freezer soon, too. This one looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great idea! We have three freezers total!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been thinking about getting a stand alone freezer. I really like the looks of your new one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Getting a second freezer is a good idea. There are times that groceries put out great sales on stuff and we all need that extra freezer space. thanks for letting us know about AO.com.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I miss having a second freezer. This sounds like some great customer service! Can't beat that! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Our freezer went out a while back and I was in major panic mode. Wish I had known about this. My daughter is looking to get one so I will tell her about this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's great that you were able to get a solution. It can be frustrating when a major appliance breaks down.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My old freezer is about to retire. I will check this out. I like their customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I sometimes feel I need to get a new freezer cause our refrigerator has outgrown us. However, we wouldn't have any place to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. AO.com sounds like a great place to get a good deal. I will have to go check it out. This looks like a great freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I need a freezer. Last year when i moved i got rid of our freezer. I think i need to get one to stock up on food for the winter. I will have to check out AO.com.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really need one of those so I can stock up when meat and other stuff goes on sale. I like that this one is quiet and it looks nice and deep.

    ReplyDelete
  29. For me, customer service is the thing that always keeps me coming back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I can love a product but if the customer service isn't good I usually find a replacement. I spend too much money on products to settle for sub par customer service.

      Delete