The Marvellous Meat Company

The name of this wonderful company says it all,Just recently we were lucky enough to be sent 2 boxes filled with some of the best meat I have had.

Most of you that read my blog often know how important it is for me to make sure our family eat the best meat and I love to know where it comes from,the less it has traveled the better,for those of you that are new to my blog after a bad experience with meat from a big supermarket I decided that I would no longer spend money on meat from them and only buy direct from farms etc where the meat is naturally raised and not full of all sorts including being bulked up with water.




Let me show you what we were sent in our boxes,

Brisket Beef close to 1kg

4 nice big sirloin steaks

Topside Beef,
Rump Steak,

Braising steak,

Mince,

Cow tongue,

Heart.

As you can see we were sent a lot of great meat Hubby was really happy with the heart and tongue as these are his favorites and he straight away cooked some for his dinner of Egusi Stew,
 

 For the kids and I we cooked up the topside beef with potato,mushroom,garlic,ginger,onion and gravy.
Recipes for both of these and other meals we are using the meat for will be in other blog posts.
To be totally honest with you the quality of all of the meat we have tasted is really good,like with the topside once cooked it was so tender and melt in your mouth and using the juices for the gravy made the gravy really sweet and tasty.

Marvellous meat company was started by Paul Ross around 50 miles away from London,all the beef is from grass fed Sussex cows They never use hormones or chemical fertilizers and the cows are free to roam which I think is great a happy cow produces great quality beef :).
All the cows are taken to a small abattoir through a process carefully controlled to reduce stress. It’s then hung for 28 days before being butchered.


The way They raise Their beef by allowing the beef to develop naturally reaps rewards beyond superior texture and flavour.  It provides a rich source of Omega 3 and Vitamins A, D E and K.

In the online shop you can find a great number of products From,

Burgers,
From 100% grass-fed Sussex beef, dry-hung for 28 days, two parts chuck steak one part brisket and one part shin. Mince coarsely. Lightly season then mince again.
That’s it. No egg, no breadcrumbs, no herbs



To the lesser used shin which is a great part of the cow I think more people should use.

Also on sale is pork from Their free-range pigs,


Also you can find a great selection of meat Boxes,
The one we chose was the My Monthly Meat Box
25 portions of mouth-wateringly tender, 28 day aged steaks for the great price of £85 which I feel is a great price considering the quality, I would recommend this company 100% and would buy from them in the future.


Shipping is really well done and we received the next day after ordering.Free next day delivery
For all orders before 1pm

Packaging is recyclable and from sustainable sources. Man has never made a better insulating product than wool from hardy highland sheep

Have a look over on the website and see everything They have for offer.

Keep an eye out for my future meal plan/recipe posts for what we used the meat for.

Website

Marvellous Meat have very kindly given 20% off your first order enter my20percent


43 comments:

  1. I have never had meat delivered to our home before but that sure sounds like a convenient way to go. We don't buy from the big stores anymore either but have a couple smaller butcher shops that we have found that we like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely stick to shops that have quality meats. I'd love to try this company, it sounds like quality is important to them.

      Delete
  2. I have never had meat delivered right to my door before, but how convenient. Sounds like a great service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great service! I have a farmer I buy a lot of my meat from. I definitely prefer to keep things local!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That meat really DOES look marvelous. This would be a great gift for my husband. He's a gigantic carnivore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would make a great Father's Day gift! My dad and my husband would both appreciate it.

      Delete
  5. I've been thinking about ;meat delivery for a long time. I'm not sure what the difference in quality might be but I might check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this sounds great and convenient I've never heard of meat being delivered before. This sounds like a great idea! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would definitely save time! I hate those long lines that are usually at the meat counter!

      Delete
  7. Um, you can send me a box of this any day! This looks so good and I've always wondered about the meat delivery services.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have your husband make some lengua tacos with that tongue or some menudo if you received any of the stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want this!I love good quality meats and this looks like an excellent service.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Dad would LOVE this! He is always out on the BBQ and the smoker making something yummy:) Will have to check this out for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of meat delivered to your door. This is so convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great way to encourage grilling out this summer. We'd be pumped to have meat delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All that beef looks so good. My husband would be ALL over this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This would be perfect for our summer cookouts Thanks for the coupon I will look into placing an order.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huge carnivore here, I really love how all of this looks! It must be so amazing to have them on a nice bbq.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My husband LOVES meat in his meals. No meatless Mondays over here lol I never thought about having it delivered! It's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love this! Unfortunately, I have two vegetarians in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am all about fresh natural meat so you have to appreciate a company that is working hard to make that happen. The marbling seen throughout the cuts you received looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like great cuts of meat. I like that they are fed naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this is a service that I could really get to like. We do like our meats and sometimes I just can't find the right cut at the store or real quality. This looks like a really nice convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It all looks so tasty! I love putting meat on the grill in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to have all our meat delivered. It's hard to find grass fed pork.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have never have seen all of the parts of a cow. I don't think I could eat all of the parts of the cow. Glad your hubby was so happy though.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been doing more and more shopping online, but haven't ever had meat shipped to my house. Your recommendation makes me really interested in trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We've been grilling up a storm recently. I'm already planning what I could BBQ with the Marvellous Meat Company offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that's a lot of meat! We're trying to cut back on meat but when we do buy it, we buy locally, grass fed meat.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't know if I'd ever feel comfortable eating meat I received in the mail! Looks like it worked out for you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Letterbox steaks used to be sent via Royal Mail during WW2

      Delete
  28. All of it looks good. I would love to have some of the steaks, that is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, home delivered meat is really interesting! I'm glad you loved your selections!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would love to have a meat delivery. It would be nice to get such good quality meat delivered right to your door.,

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is really awesome that you can get a delivery service for farm raised and not caged raised beef.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That looks like very high quality meat. It's amazing that you can get such great food delivered right to your door.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love beef and everything looks so fresh and delicious. I don't know about the tongue and heart though!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looking forward to seeing what you used the meat for in recipes. I am happy to hear this was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The beef brisket looks great! I had the most amazing BBQ brisket on vacation last week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yum. I love getting the best meat. It makes such a difference in the meal that you're eating.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This meat looks so good. We used a service years ago and it was so good, I don't know why I haven't done that. I love that it gets delivered to you

    ReplyDelete
  38. This sounds like a great service. The meat looks so fresh indeed. This is the first time I have heard about beef meat being delivered at home. Will share with my friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have been craving some egusi or banga soup, but I am the only one in my house that eats it!

    ReplyDelete