Start 2015 in style with Aldi!!

We all know that once Christmas is over and we get to January we all start to get the blues and keeping all of our new years resolutions gets that little harder,I have a solution..take the Aldi challenge.

Myself and the lovely Sarah from Boo Roo And Tigger Too are taking the challenge this month and for the next 4 weeks we will be taking the challenge and seeing how Aldi can help us banish the blues from DIY to fitness, using products taken from Aldi’s January Specialbuys line up. 

Every Thursday and Sunday Aldi offers something new with a constantly rotating array of quality products at great value prices.

For the first line up we have products from their great DIY range which is in store from Thursday 8th January (while stocks last).





Now for me I have a room full of boxes which have been building up and up especially with all my kids new toys and Christmas gifts,we are trying to sort out which of Their old toys and clothes are good enough to be given to charity etc,I also have a lot of craft stuff and my craft products which I have no room to store so can not rally take the time to do anything.Lastly hubby has all of his tools indoors because our old shed was taken down last summer due to it being a little worse for wear and not looking all that safe.

We have been sent a selection of products to make our lives easier

Firstly we have,


Foldable Workbench -£10.99.



Stores away easily in small spaces.

  • Sturdy design holds up to 100kg
  • Open size 625 x 560 x 755mm
  • This will be great for when hubby wants to do something or even me :) Being that it can hold up to 100kg which is rally good and strong.


Next we have 

Store plus set-£19.99

  
An expandable, space-saving system for organising tools.
  • Hard-wearing gloss finish
  • Includes 28 Bins (3 sizes), 3 Tool Holders and 10 Hooks (2 sizes)
  • Easy-fix wall brackets
  • This is perfect for garage or shed walls which is where ours will go once we get our new shed.The best part about this is you can buy multiple ones and expand which is what I think we will be doing as hubby has so many screws and nails that all get mixed up and you can never find the one that you need for a certain job,so to be able to sort them in to their own little bins and also to hang up other tools will make life easy and everything look neat and tidy.



Universal storage hooks-£3.99pk






  • 6 assorted hooks
  • Ideal for hanging ladders, lawnmowers, bicycles, tools, timber and more
  • There is 3 different size hooks in here and are great to hang a number of things in your shed or garage,I will be taking the small hooks to the stable tack room to hang my bridles on to make it a little more tidy,we could do with getting a few more packs of these think if I did I would hang everything I could up lol.

  •  Garage Shelving,£19.99


  • Tough polypropylene construction
  • Easy self-assembly
  • Securely fastens to a wall
  • Ideal storage for garages, garden sheds, basements or utility rooms.
  • These have to be my favorite of the products from this specialbuy range I have been wanting to get some shelves like this for a while,I need to go and buy a few more lots to be able to do what I need but these will be going in the spare room and some i the new shed,These will be really good for keeping all my craft stock on out of the way of the kids and also a few boxes of bits and pieces,Also will be really good to be able to keep stuff in the shed. Each shelf can take the weight of up to 30kg so they are really sturdy.also you can just slot them together without using any tools which is perfect for me,you also can make them in to different units if needed so you do not have to have one tall shelving unit.

I am now really looking forward to sorting out the spare room and instead of boxes cluttering up I will be able to put everything on the shelves and make the room more accessible and be able to use it for more than just stacking boxes.





There is something that annoys me in this house and that is looking for allen keys the right size etc well Aldi have sorted this problem for us as well,




Hex Allen key wrench set- £4.99


 Complete set of keys to suit all household jobs.
  • Sizes range from 1.5-10mm
  • Chrome vanadium steel
  • Now we have all the sizes we need for whichever job we need to do.

Lastly we got a set of

  Workwear Thinsulate Gloves £4.99



  • Practical workwear for manual Winter work.
  • Knitted fleece
  • Choose from Fingerless Gloves with Mitten or Full Gloves
  • Sizes M/L or L/XL





  • I think I will be taking these most of the time as they are great you can have them as mittens or fingerless gloves which means when you need your fingers you can use them but then also cover them back up to save from getting too cold.
There are plenty more products in this special buys range and we will be going down to our local store to grab more before they run out.





Aldi always has something for whatever you need and the prices really cheer me up at this time of the year,now I can make my spare room and shed looking nice and tidy without spending big money.


A look ahead at upcoming themes/ events on sale on 11th of January is kitchen range and we will be having a kitchen themed challenge so make sure you join us,Also in the coming weeks we will be bringing you a lot more and Aldi will have some amazing special buys in store so make sure you keep an eye out.There will be something for everyone and I am looking forward to sharing my Aldi Challenge with you,

Please remember the products shown on here will be in stores from the said dates only while stocks last so do not waste time in grabbing a bargain.


I would like to invite you all to Join myself and Sarah and take part in the Aldi Challenge tell us how you’ve made the most of January. So go on, give the Aldi Challenge a go by visiting Aldichallenge.co.uk and make January 2015 your best ever.

46 comments:

  1. Here in the US, Aldi is just a food store. Sounds like yours has a lot of great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, looks like you have some great organization tools! I could definitely use that workbench in my garage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our Aldi is mostly food, but they do have random items on occasion. I could definitely put every item listed here to work in my garage!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband could certainly use this! Our garage looks like the Home Depot exploded in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aldi always amaze me with the items they have on offer - great prices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reminding me about Aldi! I do love that store, but I always forget about it, for some reason. I've gotten some great items there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I'd known about this when I was Christmas shopping. My husband has so many tools, it's hard for him to keep them organized.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love shopping at Aldi's! I am always interested in their special buys like this. Definitely some great deals for my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know that Aldi was so spread out everywhere. We have them where I used to live in Texas but I never got to go, but I have heard great things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you are getting ready for a great spring cleaning session!
    So good to find it all in one place

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have Aldi here in Michigan, US. Even though its mostly grocery, we do have special buys and an isle or two of non food products.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to shop at Aldi's, but here they just sell food.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like great stuff to have for fixing up the home. They are definitely space savers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We could definitely use some new garage shelving. That is on my list now. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look like they have a lot of great things for home organization. I could use a couple of shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never heard of Aldi but will have to check into it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to organize our garage. Those would work perfect to hold stuff up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love seeing alt the items that Aldi has. I look forward to the ad every week to see what their specials are!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was confused at first because the Aldi here is a food store. These items are great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have some of that garage shelving in my mud room and the kids' room. I love how useful it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are organizing our home and I think these shelves would be great for our garage. Getting organized is a great goal.

      Delete
  21. I have been to Aldi a few times when I visited England both times. There is something for everyone there

    ReplyDelete
  22. My hubs would love all this. Especially the gloves. He's constantly asking me to pick some up and they are never decent enough!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those storage hooks are great. I'm sure that they are able to support a lot of storage items.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all these things. Need that workbench.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Talk about storage & organization! I want me an Aldi :O

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aldi has all that stuff!? Last time I was in mine it was just food. I may have to stop in again and see what all they have to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My husband would definitely enjoy something like this! We need to organize this month for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was so confused LOL!!! See, ALDI is a grocery store chain near me here in Kansas. At first I was like, "that grocery store sells what?" Then I realized ALDI must be an online store of some sort in the UK. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Our local Aldi has mostly food, but occasionally they do have some awesome products like the ones you got. I really need to check them out on those special days though!

    ReplyDelete
  30. My husband would be in heaven with all of this. He loves to have his garage organized and everything in its place.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those are great storage solutions! I didn't know Aldi sold things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's great that you are working on getting your home organized. We're working on organizing our home as well. It feels so good when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That's a great selection of stuff to choose from. I really love the mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I need to get organization in my life. Looks like some great tools to help.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love Aldi! They just built a new one near my moms house!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love Aldi, their store is awesome. I need to organize some of my stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love Aldi. They have great deals.

    ReplyDelete
  38. That's awesome! My hubby could certainly use that in the garage. I love Aldi.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I need some of those hooks for my garage. I've been wanting to get my bike off the garage floor for a while now. Great looking products.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I often shop Aldi - great deals. I definitely need to get organized in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I like that store plus set. It's pretty awesome that it's expandable.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow I never knew Aldi carried all of this. Ours must just be a small store because we only carry a few household items.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Aldi definitely has some amazing general merchandise items. I need some of these organizational items too!

    ReplyDelete
  44. We love Aldi! They always have such great prices on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Never heard of them yet but they seem to have a lot of great things in there along with good prices too.

    ReplyDelete