Sunrise Senior Living-Bread And Butter Pudding!

Today I wanted to share with you a great recipe that I have tried out for myself with a little twist of course.

Sunrise Senior Living delivers residential, nursing & dementia care, as well assisted living in Surrey and the rest of the UK. Sunrise endeavour to provide the best tasting and make sure that all of the meals their award winning chefs cook, are nutritious and tasty – this makes them great for everyone, not just the elderly.


I don't know about you but bread and butter pudding has been a big part of my life since I was younger why don't you give Their recipe a try.




Serves 4
Ingredients:
6 slices of white bread
30g salted butter
15g currants
60ml semi-skimmed milk
20ml double cream
20g caster sugar
¼ lemon (zested)
Pinch of ground nutmeg
150ml vanilla custard
2 eggs
20g brown sugar






Method:
1.
Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas mark 4
and butter the baking dish.

2.
Butter the bread, cut the crusts off and arrange
a layer at the bottom of the prepared baking
dish. Top with half of the currants.

3.
Repeat Step 2 until the slices of bread and
currants have been used.

4.
In a separate bowl cream together the eggs
with the sugar until pale yellow, then add the
milk, double cream and lemon zest.

5.
Pour the mix over the bread making, ensuring
all of the bread is covered.

6.
Sprinkle with nutmeg and brown sugar.

7.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.

8.
Serve with vanilla custard. 
 Ok so I really have to be honest with you right now I have a serious chocolate craving so I added chocolate shaving on the top and also Almonds it does not look good but it sure does taste it .


No comments:

Post a Comment