Do You Drink Enough Water!!

We all know how important water is and that we should make sure we drink plenty but do we?

Well I can say in my case not not always,I would much rather have a can of coke or a cup of coffee.My kids drink plenty of juice and water but I decided that I should really make the effort to practice what I preach so over the last few weeks I have given up all fizzy drinks and any drinks with caffeine.

The only things I am now allowing myself to drink is water or pure fruit juice.

At first it was a lot harder than I thought but then I started to change it up and drink warm water with lemon or with peaches yes peaches believe me it tastes good especially being home made. A simple lemon ginger and honey in warm water tastes really good.



I squeeze about half a lemon in my warm water and yes I put the chunks in afterwards because I love to make sure all the flavor comes out and then eat any thats left at the end apart from the outside of course lol.I then add a couple of slices of ginger which I also eat at the end and a teaspoon or 2 of honey and I drink this morning and night with juice in between.

If you want to try something different add some mint.
One of my favorites is fresh raspberries and blueberries that tastes really good.

OK so I had finished half before I remembered to take the picture :).


Here a a few reasons Lemon water is good for you.

1. Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.

2. Balances pH: Drink lemon water everyday and you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized.

3. Helps with weight loss: Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.

4. Aids digestion: Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.

5. Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.

6. Clears skin: The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. Would you believe it can actually be applied directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.

7. Freshens breath: It can also help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. The citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so be careful of this.

8. Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs. It’s thought to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.

It has to be warm water not cold,Why is because Cold water can provides a shock or stress factor to the body. It takes energy for your body to process cold water.

So do you drink enough water and if so what is your favorite way?.




1 comment:

  1. it's so important to make sure you stay hydrated! i know so many people who always forget to drink during the day time. i'd love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/lets-get-naked-detox-bath-salts-from.html xx

    ReplyDelete