True Taste Of Glasgow.

Since the worlds eyes are all on Glasgow right now I wanted to share with you a great place to visit that myself and hubs want to visit as well soon.

Auchentoshan  is the only distillery in Glasgow which produces their own brand of whisky and is a perfect venue during the Games to sample a true taste of Glasgow.They run tours of Their distillery which I think would be really interesting the one we want to do is the Bottle your own which you get to take away a bottle of Single Malt Whisky filled by you from one of Their casks.



 Rhona Fyfe, Brand Manager at Auchentoshan has shared three of her favourite places to eat and drink around Glasgow so great for anyone who is visiting the city during the next week or beyond.

Rhona’s recommendations (thankfully, all of which stock Auchentoshan):



Kelvingrove Café

1163 Argyle St

Glasgow G3 8TB

0141 221 8988




Great for cocktails and mixed drinks, owned by famous Glaswegian mixologist Mal Spence. Also good for untraditional food too!



The Finnieston

1125 Argyle Street

Glasgow G3 8ND

0141 222 2884



A casual seafood eatery stocking a wide selection of whisky including Auchentoshan. Great place to eat and usually always busy with great atmosphere.



The Blythswood Hotel

11 Blythswood Square

Glasgow G2 4AD

0141 248 8888



Boutique hotel with whisky bar and restaurant. Fans of Auchentoshan Distillery who are happy to make Auchentoshan based cocktails if you ask! 


Rachel Barrie, Master Blender at Auchentoshan has also kindly sent over some food parings, dishes or snacks which when ate with Auchentoshan taste even better so you should grab a bottle and enjoy these snacks while watching the games and of course at any other time.



Auchentoshan American Oak


Key Flavours: Vanilla – white peach – zesty citrus - coconut

  • Savoury Option
Shrimp and Avocado canapé with a squeeze of lime juice. Avocado complements the creamy and nutty
character of the 1st fill bourbon American oak; the lime complements the citrus from triple-distillation and the
silkiness of the shrimp the silky smooth texture of the whisky.

  • Sweet Options
Cotton candy with zesty orange or macaroons with coconut.

Auchentoshan 12 year-old


Key Flavours: Fruit (peach) - custard - toffee

  • Savoury Option
Manchego cheese with a little candied quince
  • Sweet Option
A rich almond cake with toffee



Auchentoshan Three Wood


Key Flavours: Honey - Spices - Damson plum

  • Savoury Option
A little toast of Stornoway black pudding and apple (served warm if possible)
  •  Sweet Option
Pairs perfectly with some simply dried fruit: a date or a prune


Auchentoshan 18 year old.


Key Flavours: Cereal - green tea - lemon

  •  Savoury Option
A daring pairing would be an oyster with the 18 year served chilled. Or a bit less daring but still fun, marinated herring with just a bit of dill in the marinade.
  •  Sweet Option
Just a little brochette with a piece of pineapple and a segment of mandarin or pink grapefruit served at room


If you try any of these out let me know what you think,I am going to grab a bottle and try some for myself.

65 comments:

  1. ooh this sunds so good i want to try! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/07/be-delicious-with-dkny.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, they all sound great. I had no idea they even made whiskey there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can say I don't know the first thing about scotch or whisky. I am a tequilla and wine kinda girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually drink the hard stuff. I'm more of a mixed drink kind of girl, however, the idea of flavored scotch intrigues me. I might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good whiskey, but scotch has always been a little too strong for me. These sound really interesting and different than I am used to...Jameson! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I no nothing about whiskey since I don't usually drink dark liquor. When I first read the title of this post though I thought I was going to see some landscape etc lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brother is moving overseas soon. I'll have to see what he thinks (if he can find this!) He's become fond of whiskey since moving to Kentucky a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I generally don't drink scotch or whiskey. It's just too strong for me. I'm going to have to make an exception for Auchentoshan, though. I'm really interested in their flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds really tasty! Very interesting mix of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never really had whisky before, I'm vodka all the way. However, this sounds good enough that I would at least try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know anything about scotch or whiskey. I don't think my sister does either. She is a wine type of girl. But it sounds unique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh I don't drink - but this sounds like it would make a wonderful present will have to keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh, I like this post! LOL. I like whiskey, at times! Not so much the others, my hubby does though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to try the peach one. I am not a drinker but do have an occasional sip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummm those flavors that come out from the scotch sound like a dessert!
    lucky you to have them near by

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks interesting. I am usually a wine fan but I like to try everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't been a fan of whiskey but with these flavors added to it I may want to give it a try the cotton candy and the toffee flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will have to try this and I will let you know. Sounds like something my husband and I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in I want to try this. It sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. N no longer drink alcohol so I could not taste this, but the idea of seeing the process is intriguing! And my spouse could take my shot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I rarely ever drink, but I am intrigued by the cotton candy flavored one. I wonder if this brand is available in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't drink, but I know others who do.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My husband loves Whisky so much! I myself hate alcohol, but am willing to have him try it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't heard of this brand before. I'd love to try the Auchentoshan American Oak.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't really drink anymore, and when I do... it's Jose. lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. African oak sounds interesting. I have to let hubby do his research on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't know too much about whiskey flavors, but I'm intrigued by all the ones you're mentioning here. I'd love to sample some.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My husband is a whiskey fan. I hadn't heard of these though.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, these flavors sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't really know anything about scotch or whiskey, but I have used some whiskey to cook with before. I didn't know what was high quality. This seems it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Real good recommendations. That is some good looking whisky

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm not a whiskey drinker, but the Hubs in and I'm sure he'd be interested in trying these out. Interesting flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'll have to share this my friends. Oh wait is it in the U.S.? I'll have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  34. My son would love this. He loves a good whiskey and he likes to try a favorite of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm always up for trying new things. The citrus and vanilla of the Auchentoshan American Oak sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That sounds like great whiskey. That would be fun to enjoy while watching any sport.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That looks like a great collection. We don't drink that often but they look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  38. All these different flavors sound delicious! I wouldn't mind trying a few myself!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I've been to Glasgow. One of our most favorite places to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. My husband loves whisky. We don't have this here!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm not much of a whiskey drinker but hubby loves a good whiskey after dinner. Sharing this post with him.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Flavoured Scotch seems really neat. I would like to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love that there are so many different flavors! They all sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the look of those labels! They would make great gifts too!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gosh these sound good! I love the packaging. Wish I could get some of that!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I totally want a glass now. I love all of the choice!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I am not sure if I have ever seen that brand. I will have to check and see if it is sold in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm not a whiskey drinker at all. I'm a fruity cocktail or red wine girl.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Those look like some pretty fun flavors. I would love to try some of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow, these are perfect gifts. I was just having a conversation about whiskey last night. There used to be a distillery near my house that is a historic landmark now.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love how the post describes the flavours of the whiskey and also suggests food pairings. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  52. So- I had my hubby go check at the store. No luck at our local package store. Maybe it has to be special ordered.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I rarely drink, but I know some of my friends do once in a while. I'll have to recommend this to them.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Nice and relaxing after a day in Glasgow I'm sure :) Or a day anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I'm not a drinker but I'm sure my husband would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is great - my dad would probably love to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  57. My dh is a fan of whiskey. I can't stomach it myself. It's just too strong. He would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow! These would make great gifts! My husband would love them!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  59. that bottle is gorgeous! We don't drink, but I could totally use that bottle once it is gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. My dad was a whiskey drinker when I was younger then he switched to beer in his 50's. I like whiskey, don't drink it to often.

    ReplyDelete
  61. My husband would like this. He enjoys a good whiskey every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I'm not really a fan of whiskey, but I have family and friends who like it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I think my husband would like some of these options! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete