Ravensburger Colosseum 3D Puzzle.

Who likes puzzles? Well i love them and so does my oldest there have been a lot of times we have sat and done a puzzle together just me and her.

Ravensburger have some amazing puzzles which we have been sent one of Their 3D ones.





Create your own imitation of the famous Colosseum – in 3D! Ravensburger’s Colosseum features 216 carefully constructed plastic puzzle pieces, including curved and hinged pieces that interlock to create a stunning model of this recognizable monument.


The puzzle is aimed at anyone from aged 10+



I was hoping that i would get a chance to do this with my oldest daughter but She decided she wanted to try it on her own first to see how hard it was.





I wanted to see how she would sort out all the pieces as each puzzle piece has a number and an arrow the arrow points to where the next piece should be fitted like next to or above.







The picture above shows you what i mean with the arrows and where the different pieces go.

I left Madam to it She told me she would let me know when she had sorted all the pieces out.

A while later I went to check on here and she had all the bits sorted in to order so she could fit them all together easy.



The last picture you can see that She has them in numbered order and she did this from 1-9 and then the same on the row above till she had sorted them all out.

She fitted them together which she found easier to do in sections to then fix them into one piece at the end.


As you are putting them together you will start to see the sections curving which is why She wanted to do it in different sections as she found that easier.





Once everything is together you need to fit it in to the bottom plastic ring.

You can see the little gaps here and that is for the puzzle to secure in to as a few of the pieces have bits sticking out of them to fix in to here.

Next you fix the arena in to the center of the puzzle.



Then it is time to fix in the little pillars around the whole of the puzzle.




Put the top on it and then you can put the little cardboard cut out in to the center.




Then you can put the dark strip of paper behind the pillars which makes it look really good.

I wanted to take some more pictures of it but while i was charging my phone up Madam took it apart to start again lol.

This is a great puzzle and Madam really enjoyed it and has asked to do more 3D puzzles,I was really surprised as normally she will get bored pretty quick of some puzzles that it will take us weeks to get them done but this one she did it in a couple of hours including sorting out all the pieces and eating her lunch.

I think this is really good for kiddies and adults can have fun doing this too.

Do you think you would enjoy making this puzzle with you kiddies?.














49 comments:

  1. I have never built a 3D puzzle, but one of these days I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like quite the challenge! I would love to do this puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was thinking! I love a good challenging puzzle :D.

      Delete
  3. That's way easier than I would have thought. If there were no numbers, you couldn't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad there are numbers on it! I think this is really cool! I'm not sure if my son (almost 3-years-old) would find it fun, but if he were a bit older, we'd definitely try this as a family. Maybe I could try it with just my husband?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool! My husband and I love puzzles, but don't get to do ones like this now that we have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That seems like it would take a lot of my patience - that I don't always have! It is a really neat puzzle though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen a 3D puzzle - that is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brother-in-law loves these! I'd love to try one eventually once the kids are older.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is incredible. What a neat project to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter has done a 3D puzzle before. I think they're cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love puzzles but I think this one is more of a brain workout. This looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow that looks really difficult. I'm not sure if I would enjoy it but my 11 year old would for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never built one of these 3D puzzles, but it looks amazing! My husband loves puzzles, I'll have to get him one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know if I would have the patience to do a puzzle like this! I would have to get up and move around a bit, then I would forget and start something else. Story of my life, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool is this! My oldest loves puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh - that puzzle looks crazy awesome! Definitely requires a lot of time and patience. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's really cool, I bet it would be a hit with puzzle lovers! I would probably get frustrated, but I know plenty of people who would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ravensberger is a really great company. My girls are not so much into puzzles but they do like the quality of the other reproduces.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love puzzles like this. They keep your mind sharp and end up providing you with something beautiful to display.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that looks like quite the challenge! Wow, looks cool though. Amber N

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is amazing puzzle. Lots of work but beautiful/.

    ReplyDelete
  22. that has to be the coolest puzzle ever. Don't think I've ever done a 3D puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this is really intricate! I have a thing for Roman history too

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love doing puzzles, but I've never attempted one in 3D. My husband bought Cinderella's castle in 3D for me to try, but it just seems so intimidating- I haven't even opened the box.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You make it look so easy but seriously, it seems impossible to do. It's cool to see the whole process.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My dad was always into puzzles and would have loved these 3D puzzles. They look like they are a lot of fun to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow a 3-d puzzle Ive heard of it...never done one. I need to put it on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These puzzles look incredible, but I wouldn't be able to spend that much time on completing it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My hubby always talks about these! I would love to try one- I am sure that I would suck at it. But I would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ravensburger makes some of the best puzzles out there. I know when I see that name that I'm getting a quality puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My family and I love doing puzzles! I've always wanted to try doing one of these 3D ones.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness that's fantastic! We made a 3D Hobbit house puzzle before :) It was kind of frustrating to put together because when were doing the roof other parts kept coming apart, lol. But when the final project was done it looked pretty good. Not as good as yours mind you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow I love that puzzle! I used to love puzzles at a kid but I have never done a 3D

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love puzzles, especially challenging ones. This is perfect for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've always wanted to do a 3D puzzle. My husband would love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  36. My grandpa would love this-- he is a puzzle maniac!

    ReplyDelete
  37. That turned out great! I don't have the patience for puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I've never seen anything like this before. It's really pretty magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  39. My teen daughter is obsessed with those 3d puzzles. She would love to do this one!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, I have never even heard of 3D puzzles but I like it. That would be really fun to help put together with a group of friends or family.

    ReplyDelete
  41. After I read this yesterday, I went and looked in the closet- we actually have a 3D puzzle that we never started! I will have to mention it to the hubby this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love working puzzles, but I have never seen a 3D puzzle. This looks very neat and I would LOVE to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. What an awesome puzzle. I've never seen a 3-D puzzle before, didt even know about them! That makes me foil puzzle look kind of lame. lol

    ReplyDelete
  44. I don't need kids to enjoy this! I love puzzles that are more 'complicated' or different than the usual. It's great for days that you just want to relax and not watch TV or use the computer..

    ReplyDelete
  45. That looks like soo much fun! I've never done a 3D puzzle before. How neat!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I've never done a 3D puzzle before. It looks like it would make a great family project especially for rainy weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a cool puzzle! I've never seen a 3D puzzle before!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  48. I have never done a 3D puzzle. I think I'd go crazy before I got it put together. My son would probably love it though.

    ReplyDelete