a2 Milk Review



a2 Milk is a great tasting natural cows’ milk from British cows, however it is also slightly unusual. This is because it comes from specially-selected cows whose milk is naturally free from a protein called A1 – a protein that can lead to digestive discomfort for many people when consumed. It launched this time last year and is in the midst of large growth in the supermarkets.

a2 Milk is the ‘natural answer’ to cases of A1 milk protein intolerance, an intolerance to milk with very similar symptoms to lactose intolerance.

Now even though no-one here has a problem with milk  intolerance of any kind as such although i have not been able to drink certain types of milk for a while well its semi-skimmed (green topped milk) it always makes me sick i have no clue why and i am fine with full fat milk.We were offered some vouchers to try a2 and so i said yes i would like to give it a try.

We found some in our local co-op but there was a problem there was only the green topped semi-skimmed at first i did not want to get it and end up being sick but the kiddies and hubby wanted to try it so we got some and i decided to take the risk.

Once we got home everyone had a glass it really tasted nice sometimes you taste the semi skimmed and to me it tastes like water but this one was full of flavour i was really surprised.another thing with milk i do not quite know how to describe it but it always leaves a funny taste in my mouth and more thirsty than when i started drinking it,with the a2 milk that did not happen either which i am very happy with.
Then i was just waiting for the feeling i normally get before everything goes down hill lol but you know what honestly it did not come and i felt fine no sickness and it was so good that we got through 4 liters during the weekend the kids also love it.

I am really happy and surprised that i managed to keep this down and not end up sick i will be buying this milk again and hopefully i will get to try the full fat next time,you can also use it just like any other milk whichever way you like hubs loves it on his cereal and the kiddies love a glass of it with their food,i also enoy and nice cold glass in the morning ,overall i am very satisfied with the taste and quality.
a2 is available to buy in 1 or 2 liter bottles and is available to buy in all Morrisons, Booths and Budgens stores, plus major Tescos and Waitrose outlets.

RRP is £1.99 for 2 liters also if you would like to find out more head on over to the a2 website.

26 comments:

  1. I am not sure I understand what you mean by semi-skimmed. Do you mean it was skim milk versus 1%, 2% or whole? Or do you mean it was unpasturized?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Whole milk is the full fat milk then you have semi skimmed which i think is your 2 % but do not quote me on that i had to look on the internet as to what you would call it but i think it has like 1.8% fat or something like that.then you have the one that we called skimmed which is horrible just taste like water lol.

      Delete
  2. My Grandkids won't drink the whole milk so I am sure they would like the a2 Milk since it is semi skimmed. My one granddaughter calls my My Hubs milk which if fat free... See through milk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this kind of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a revolution for those who are sensitive to milk! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I had no clue this even exsisted. It totally makes since though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This milk sounds quite interesting. I stopped drinking milk a long, long time ago because of an intolerance, and I never did pick it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic idea. Our family doesn't have any problems, but I'm going to tell a close friend. She will be so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. interesting i've never heard of this kind of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not seen that any where around here in Otsego Michigan. Then again it's a small town. Isabella and I have some sensitivities we can tolerate bit's of regular fat milk at a time we usually buy lactose free milk almond or soy milk. My 6 year old prefers the Almond milk. We would love to try this milk though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...this is great for those with an intolerance for milk. Wish it was available in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the options that this product gives to those of us who enjoy the taste of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of this kind of milk before. Going to have to check around here and see if I can find it for my little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We don't drink whole milk at our house, my daughter doesn't like it much but we do drink the less fattier ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This milk sounds very interesting. I'll have to look into it more as it gets bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never heard of a2 Milk. I will have to do a little more research on it and see where it is available. Sounds like a great product.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great news for those who have a problem with milk. Great way to obtain the nutrients without the side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of it until. I'm glad you found something you can enjoy that doesn't make you sick!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love milk I drink a glass daily as if it was water. I'm sure I would enjoy this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm lactose intolerant even though I like dairy products. When I find a product i can handle, I'm grateful too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't drink milk and wonder if this would be good for me. I'm so glad you were able to find a milk that doesn't mess you up! I'm a little jealous too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What would the benefit of opting for A2 vs. goat's milk be? We don't drink a lot of milk, but this looks like a decent alternative for anyone with lactose allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have a milk allergy here so I have to be careful but this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm allergic to cow's milk so I drink almond milk. But this would be a good thing to try for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never heard of this brand before! I'm off to go learn more! Thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wonder if they have this brand here. I'll have to check it out! I like that it is natural, not full of hormones and junk.

    ReplyDelete