Olly the Little White Van


 


What or who is Olly the little white van you must be wondering..well for you that do not know Olly just as his names says suggests he is an animated little white van.and Olly has his own tv show.


OLLY THE LITTLE WHITE VAN is a pre-school show 100% written,
designed and animated 100% in the UK.

My lucky kiddies have been able to watch some very exiting episodes thanks to a dvd they were sent so lets explain a bit more about the show.





Olly the Little White Van helps his friends as much as he can.  He isn’t a racing car or fire engine, but he and his driver Stan are very good at helping everyone out, every day.    Like an enthusiastic puppy he bounds around the village of Bumpton talking to everyone, and is happiest when he is setting up a new bus service to the seaside, helping Alice when she is preparing for her driving test, or sprucing up an old VW. 




Olly the Little White Van (who is voiced by a favorite of my kiddies Justin Fletcher Known mostly for something special MR Tumble) wants to recruit others to be like him and get a lot of  fun out of helping.   Olly doesn’t always get things right but he is always helpful and tries his best and the series aims to nurture the communicative and caring nature of children.There are a number of downloadable activity ideas on the parents section of the website, with ideas for games to help out at home  e.g Matching the colours of socks, helping to care for a new baby, watering plants or feeding the birds.


The series targets boys and girls aged 2-6.  airing daily on Milkshake at 06.50 as well as Cartoonito and Boomerang.The series is also dotted around the Milkshake schedule in addition to its regular slot.Each episode is about five minutes long,really good for short attention spans and my youngest have been enjoying the selection of episodes we have on the dvd and have been wanting to watch it on tv.



26 comments:

  1. What a great show for kids making them understand that helping can be fun, even though you don't always do it right, at least you tried. I have a Grandson that sure could use this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, we definitely do not have this here in the US, which is a bummer because my six year old would love this. I wonder if I can get it online or on YouTube? Hmmm? I am going to have to look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great series for kids. I know Peppa Pig is UK as well and my toddler has watched it a few times and loves it. Seems like we need a bit more of the UK shows here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any children but I sure do wish it was here in the US for those that do-this looks like a great show that teaches how helping others is a very good thing. Maybe the Mom's here can get the DVD for their little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so cute! TV shows for kids sure have come a long way, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute does that look? I'll have to tell my sister about it, she has 3 little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really enjoy children shows and movies they are always so fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! My 4 year old LOVE this show! They need to put it on netflix for me lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great lesson teaching kids to help others! Great message and looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a cute show! I love how it makes helping so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a really cute TV-show. Something my son would have loved when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great show! I will have to see if my girls like it, we could REALLY use a new show for them to watch! lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw. That looks like such a cute show. IT reminds me of Thomas the Train,

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of Olly the little white van before, but sounds and looks like a great show! I think my daughter might like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My two youngest son falls in the age group. I bet they would love this cute little show!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is going to make my youngest very happy. He loves shows that have cars in them so thank you for lettin gme know if this one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Seems like a really great show - I don't watch it but it's somehow similar to what my niece has been watching on Tv too! The vans were talking lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is cute. MY kids have graduated from this kind of shows, makes me sad sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like such an adorable show! I always love UK TV. I wish I could see more of it in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like a cute little show for the little ones. Lots of good times to be had watching that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like a wholesome show for kids. So many cartoons are vilest these days

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think my son would really enjoy Olly! I'll have to look into getting him the dvd so he can watch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is super cute! I love these kinds of shows for the kids. I've never heard of it before, must keep an eye out for it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Olly seems like a great cartoon for kids. I wonder if my girls would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that it encourages a caring and nurturing side to kids. In light of all the bullying in the world, that's a good message to be sending.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute character! I love that they have fun activities you can use away from the television to reinforce what they see/learn by watching.

    ReplyDelete