Check Out My Amazing Custom Caricatoon From caricatoons.co.uk

Hey everyone,so you all know how much i love a personalised gift anything i can put my own twist on so that its not the same as other peoples well i have been lucky enough to review a custom caricatoon from Shaun Raven over at caricatoons.co.uk.Shaun is a Cartoonist who uses digital techniques as well as good ol fashion hand drawings. Also He is a Member of the Cartoonists Club Of Great Britain.

What is a Caricatoon i hear you asking?

A Caricatoon is a kind of cartoon created especially for a specific individual, usually depicting that person in a humorous situation (although this is not essential).  Caricatoons are usually A4/A3 in size, and are designed to be framed (which can be supplied, ready to be presented to your intended recipient), but they can also be used to create personalized mugs, t-shirts - whatever you like!. Caricatoon art can range from full blown in-your-face cartoons, through to exaggerated caricature style.


So i got talking to Shaun and i had a great idea that i put to him to see if he could bring my vision to life and lets just say i am really in love with the outcome every time i look at it it makes me laugh because i remember what was happening,every little detail is perfect and the way it i wanted it to be. 

From the website "Discussion - the most important part of the process.  The client & I discuss their requirements via email or phone.  I try and get as much information as possible about the cartoon's intended purpose.  Who it's for, what are they like, their physical description, any funny incidents in their life that the cartoon could be based on, photo's etc…  I've found that more information = better finished Caricatoon."


My idea was that Shaun would bring to life an event that happened a couple of years ago.My husband myself and Belinda and Bolt were in the garden and hubs was taking a raw fish from one place to the other well that was a big mistake because as soon as Belinda smelt the fish she tried to grab it from hubs hand nearly biting his hand off in the process it makes me laugh everytime i think about it,those of you that have heard me talking about Bolt and his greedy ways will know how much he loves food to the point of he swallows things whole im talking sausages whole small raw fish any thing he can get his mouth around and he is very sneaky about it and very funny.To me it was one of those you have to be there moments and i never thought anyone could draw it out and it to be the way i wanted but Shaun did that and more,



So first off i sent a few photos in of myself,hubs and both dogs this was on the Friday and was told i would have a first draft after the weekend to check over and see what i thought.


From the website "
Rough - I then sit down, and think .  Usually, the information provided by the client will inspire a few ideas, which I then convert into rough drawings.  These roughs are then sent to the client - they choose the idea they like best (with any additional changes), and we go onto the next step…

Revised Rough - I produce a new rough drawing, based on the client's input, and then it to the client for consideration.  If need be, this step is repeated until the client is happy, at which point we go onto the next step…"



Belinda is on the Right and Bolt on the Left i thought this was brilliant for one without really even knowing Bolt Shaun got him right because believe me if that dog could get a net this is what he would do lol.so i said that there was nothing i wanted changed and i was really happy with it,


Next step was to ink it.

The Next day Shaun sent me the inked version now its looking even better.

Got the background in there now.again really happy with it.
Final step is to add the colour which of course takes longer but i did not expect it as soon as i got it,

From the website "Finished Artwork - The rough drawing is redrawn one last time, inked, coloured & framed(if required).  If you've requested a painting, the rough is drawn onto canvas, colours painted, and finally inked with black paint- this is quite labour intensive compared to a normal cartoon, which is why there is such a price difference."

Friday i was out all day and really busy when i got home i was not looking forward to going through the endless emails and everything else but first email that caught my eye was from Shaun with the finished product and i can not say how much i love it i can not help laughing when i look at it everything from my hair colour to Bolts funny face (i am sure he pulls faces like this sneaky thing lol ) Belinda narrowly missing Hubs hand which the "Yipe" bit makes me laugh though i am sure you can imagine the real word that came out of his mouth lol.

Ok Ok so here it is...

I was sent a High res (for printing)and a low res for websites versions.
Also for a little bit extra Shaun will send you a framed Version A3 or A sizes, and He also does A3 hand drawn coloured framed cartoons as well as hand crafted versions on canvas. This was a surprise to my hubs who did not know i was getting this done and as soon as he saw it he was laughing he said it brought all the memories back and even the kiddies love it my oldest is annoyed that i did not get anything done for her so i told her she will have to wait till her b/day oh i am in trouble now lol.


I think the prices of these are very good considering you think of all the work that has gone in to producing the finished drawing these are such great quality and i will be keeping Shaun in mind for future gifts,think of everyone you could surprise with something as amazing as this,do not worry if you need a gift and do not have any pictures just describe what you need and how someone looks and Shaun can make something really great for you.
I think if you want something extra special go ahead and contact Shaun he will help you out and is a very nice person to chat to and has some amazing talent as you can see from above :-)..

Please check out Shaun's websites and blog.

Web:

http://www.caricatoons.co.uk

Web:
http://shaunraven.co.uk
Web:
http://hypervox.co.uk
Blog:
http://hypervox.blogspot.co.uk/
Email:
shaun@hypervox.co.uk
 
What do you think Of my new Caricatoon?

30 comments:

  1. No way, that came out awesome. My sister is an artist and I wonder if she knows about this. I am going to have to send her over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great fun memento! You can't get more personalized than this!
    Love the mix of technology and good old fashion hand drawing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so cool, to be able to create your own! I love what you have came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool! He did a great job cleaning up your drawing! Its a pretty funny one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, now that is cool! I would love to be that artsy but I use stick figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty cool! Personalized things are always fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that!! And yes, I can picture one dog causing his/her human to fling food so the other can catch it (net or no net!). Now the question is--would the dog doing the catching share with the dog who caused it to be thrown---Would love a pic of my cat waking me up using my lamp (I got rid of that-she has since found other ways!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cool my son would love this he is so into art

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cute! I love how it turned into an actual cartoon that you could see online or in a book. It turned out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really cool. It turned out well and is very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love personalized gifts. I will check this site out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is so neat! Such a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's too funny! She really did capture it well though. It definitely retells your story in a fun way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Caricatoon looks really good. I will check out Shauns webpages and the blog. He seems to be a very talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is interesting - might as well visit them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool! These would make some fantastic graphics for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so neat how they can do that. I would love to send in some of my kids drawings to see how they turn out. My boys would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's great! I love caricatures. Very talented

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to check this out, they are super cute, love them

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love things like this! I just ordered a cartoon drawing for my husband from an artist on fiverr. Wish I would of seen this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks great. It will be something that you and your family will be able to enjoy for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooo, I have a few of my daughter's drawings that I think I'd like to do this with. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, that is so neat! I would love to do this with my son's drawings. Such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your caricatoon is awesome and looks fabulous. I will check out Shaun's website. Great idea for gift.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It is really nice, and look very professional. I think everyone will be happy to work with this, especially when sees the final results.

    Fan R @TeddyOutReady

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness how cool! I totally want to do one of these, especially since my daughter loves to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's pretty coll you can do it from a drawing. Good idea for a gift. Thanks for sharing an example

    ReplyDelete
  28. What fun! This would definitely make a great gift, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That really is a lot of behind-the-scenes work! I've become accustomed to quick cheap things online so this is quite refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. that is very cool would look great as a email signature as well as an address label or even just a cute poster to put up. I never heard of this company :)

    ReplyDelete