Deals,Deals,Deals

So today hubby and myself decided to do some shopping just a top up because we already have plenty,

We wanted to spend £20 in Tesco because if we spent that or more we got £3 off i know not much but every little helps as they say,

First thing i always do is check out the reduced section my favorite part of shopping,today it was just after 6pm so i knew that they would be doing their second round of reducing and re-reducing the already reduced products that no one had taken,

It was mayhem there was people scrapping over everything pushing each other out of the way,really annoying anyway we came out with some amazing deals and only just managed to get £20 worth that we was not going to end up wasting away,also after the £3 off plus another 39p voucher from the last shop something could of been cheaper so they gave us the difference,and we had another £1 something on an old gift card so we ended up paying around £15,

Here is just a few of the deals we grabbed.

I forgot to take some of the pictures before i sorted the food,when i do a shop like that i put it into meal size portions so i do not have to take out something and refreeze 

 This is Beef Mince normally around £5.50 for a large tub they had it priced at 80p so i grabbed all that was there 2 tubs and managed to separate it in to a few days meals



Whole fresh mackerel not for me hubby loves it,normally £3 down to 97p

This was a whole piece of Beef  which i have made in to 2 meals worth normally £5 was just £1

Pork ribs i am the only one that eats these and i normally eat them with something else like potatoes so this ended up being enough for 5 meals and was meant to be around £6 i got it all for £1.50,

Ox tail for hubby 39p for a few pieces so grabbed 2 packs it was ment to be 78p not a big saving but still good enough for me lol.

I love these mini scotch eggs normally 80p down to 12p got a few packets,


2 different types of Tropicana juice normally £3.26 down to 49p so we grabbed 5 they are 1.5 litre so really good deal and they are the ones with bits so even better.

Ok now my favorite i forgot to take the pic of the apple pie that is now sliced up in the freezer cost 35p

Yum Yum so here i got 3 different types of cheesecake,chocolate,new york and raspberry and white chocolate each pack is supposed to be £2.70 and were priced between 30p-40p and the amazing

Fresh cream Belgian chocolate profiteroles £2.50 down to 38p had to get the 2 as the boy was reducing them i grabbed them amazing deal,

also got some rolls that we 40p down to 20p and some salami for around 50p and some other things that are already in the freezer and i have forgotten lol,

So that is the deals from Tesco for today i am really happy with our little haul and next week i will be doing it again well that is if everybody has eaten everything with i have no doubt they will,but for now all the profiteroles and cheesecakes are on the highest shelf in the fridge :-)

I love deals like this alot of people avoid it as if there is something wrong with it because the best before date is the day you are getting it but if you can freeze it then what is wrong with it why spend more than you need to.


do you go searching for reduced items to fill your freezer?












35 comments:

  1. I have no clue how euros convert to American dollars, but I'll take your word for it that you got a great deal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) well we have £ Great British Pounds here and i think when i just did a check 1.00 GBP = 1.61700 USD

      Delete
  2. I am a deal hunter and couponer! Looks like you scored some great deals, do they coupon over there like they do here in the USA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not like in USA no which is a big shame i have watched all the extreme coupon shows and wish they had the same thing over here i love any deals i can get my hands on :-)

      Delete
  3. Great deals! I am like you, if I see a good deal I take more of it and freeze it! Who knows when this stuff is going to be on sale the next time, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly and some of it like the cakes normally i would not buy them as i think they cost a little bit too much so its great when you get best quality for less.

      Delete
  4. It looks like you got some incredible deals! I find that sometimes items are even marked down when their expiration dates are far into the future just because the packaging has changed. I got some frozen pizzas and veggies at Super Target the other day for almost nothing simply because the company had changed the package design and wanted to clear the old one out. Score for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow that is great i have not seen them giving stuff cheaper over here because they have changed the packaging that would be a good one too :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, I love getting reduced things for my freezer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always good when you can fill the freezer for next to nothing :-)

      Delete
  6. Wow! Congrats for finding good deals in the store. Yes, british pounds is expensive than us dollars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what i have seen with the couponing you have over there i wish i was there i would spend nothing lol,

      Delete
  7. Looks like you were able to save a pretty penny with your shopping trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i am so happy some thing that would of normally cost so much now thats more money on fun days for the kiddies :-0

      Delete
  8. High five to you! We do stock up if there is a sale, but don't go looking for one (usually). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not help myself i try not to but its like an addiction i always say oh well we can fit this in the freezer its so cheap lol.

      Delete
  9. I never find deals like this when I go to the supermarket. Now I wished I lived where you live because that is some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over here the big supermarkets do this daily in the evening from 6pm onwards so they can get rid of all the stuff with the date ending that day,sometimes you have to be so fast as everyone is rushing to grab everything lol.

      Delete
  10. I love to use coupons when I go shopping and use them on marked down items. I get great deals that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do not get that many coupons here which is a shame but if you keep getting deals like this you cant go wrong.

      Delete
  11. It's really a great feeling when you get something you like for less. Great deals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting a deal and try to beat it every time the lady at the till looked like she wanted to snatch some for herself lol.

      Delete
  12. here we also need to either rely on a few small discounts or bargaining. every once in a while a decent mark down is found. (i'm in india)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo that must be a lot harder over there but i would love to bargain with people lol.

      Delete
  13. Looks like a you were able to save. Good for you. I personally would be doing a happy dance for the Mackerel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we got 3 of those and they are great because they were whole and fresh,they were for hubby i do not really like mackerel lol

      Delete
  14. I love finding reduced deals! We always look for them when we go shopping. We're hoping to get a deep freezer here soon so we'll be able to get more to stock up on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deep Freezer is great i love to stock up just in case anything happens and you couldn't get out to do the shopping,i know we can get the supermarkets to deliver but i hate someone picking my food i like to see it first.

      Delete
  15. I think that buying meat in bulk and rationing it out to store in the freezer is a great way to save on that grocery budget. Groceries have gotten so expensive that every little big saved is a big help.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love finding things marked down and I still to a tight budget but will forgo something on my list if I see things marked down that I can use and stock up as well. Great buys

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW you sure found awesome deals... I love when I can grab deals.. aren't they the best.. who doesn't want to save money? Thanks for sharing, totally inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like awesome deals. I always shop deals.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My husband and I have the opportunity to move to Europe in the next year and should we make that leap, I'll definitely be asking for your help with shopping! Great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kay I wrote a comment, but it seems to have disappeared, anyway! I said that my husband and I have the opportunity to move to Europe and should we take that leap, I'm going to have you as my best shopping pal. Great deals you found there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya,no it was there just all my comments go to moderation too much spam comments nowadays lol...oh that would be great i think you should go for it,the stores here are great for deals where in Europe are you thinking of going to if you dont mind me asking :-)

      Delete